Saturday, January 24, 2009

Better Than Sex Cake


I am not sure how good it looks in the pictures...but it is very yummy and very filling. I didn't get a picture of it before it was dug into!

Here is a recipe that my good friend Jennifer gave me. I know there are several versions of this but this is the one I have and really like. I will give you the regular recipe and then I will also give you the lower calorie version that I make now.

Regular recipe:
1 German Chocolate Cake mix (can also use chocolate)
1 can sweetened cond. milk
1 jar hot fudge (melted)
1 tub of cool whip
1 bag of toffee bits
Make cake per box. While warm poke many holes in it. Pour over and into the holes the can of sweetened cond. milk and hot fudge. Put in the ref. to cool.
Before serving put on the whip cream and top with toffee bits. Serve!

Lower calorie version
1 German Choc. cake mix (choc. ok)
1 can diet pop (almost any will work)
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 jar hot fudge
1 tub of fat free cool whip
1 bag of toffee bits

Open your box of cake mix and pour into a bowl. Add your 12-16 oz. of diet pop. I used diet cola. and mix until creamy and consistency of regular cake batter. I used put in the 12 oz. but its still a little too thick. I just added little bits until right.
Put into your greased and floured 9x13 pan just like normal and bake according to directions on box.
While warm poke your holes in it and pour on your melted hot fudge (I didn't use a whole jar) and fat free sweetened cond. milk (you don't need the whole can...I have also used caramel topping instead of the sweetened cond. milk too)
Refrigerate until cool. Before serving put on the fat free cool whip and toffee bits. Serve and tell everyone its lower calorie! They won't believe you.

No comments: