Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Life Gone Too Early - Alex


Alex who is 19 died on Valentine's Day. Alex was a mother to a 2 year old son, whom was the center of her world. She was a wonderful daughter, granddaughter, sister and niece. She was too young to die.
I had a call from my ex husband telling me about 11am yesterday. He wanted me to tell my youngest son who is Alex's cousin (he was going to tell our other 3 sons).
Alex's Dad, Mike is my ex husbands youngest brother. This family is very close and this is just unimaginable. My boys were all very upset to say the least. Mike's parents (my kids grandparents) live close by them. My ex husband was on the road for a 10 hour drive within a couple hours of finding out. His sister and her husband were also in their car on the way there for closer to a 13 hr drive, while their other brother got the first flight he could. They were going to support their parents, their brother and their nieces, and each other.
At this point they aren't sure why she died. Possibly a pulmonary embolism, but they do not know. All they know is that it happened fast and without warning. She was not sick, (other than cold symptoms).
Life is just so uncertain. Tell your kids you love them, tell your family you love them, hug your children, your husband. Make up with people you have problems with. Always make up with family. (Better yet don't fight with them to begin with)
Please pray for the Hamilton's in your prayers today. Pray for Alex's son, her parents, her sisters, her grandparents, her cousins, her Aunts and Uncles.
Thanks

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers to you. Life lost at 19 is not something you will ever be able to understand. I lost my husband's nephew at 19 in 2005. He was like a son.

Hope you find peace.

onemorebaby said...

Too sad. My prayers are with the family. xxoo

Donna B said...

Prayers for the entire family at this time of loss.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear this, I will keep you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

We love you guys!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your family.