Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Haystack cookies




I hadn't had these cookies for years. I used to make them and must have lost the recipe because I forgot about them. But a woman brought them into our pediatrician's office today and I remembered how much I loved them! She wrote down the recipe for everyone in the office and it was as easy as I remembered.
I stopped off at the grocery because I needed to make something for a cookie exchange at Bunco tomorrow night.
The picture above shows the only things you need. Here is it:
1) 1 bag of milk chocolate morsels
2) 1 bag of butterscotch morsels
3) 1 can of chow mein noodles
4) 1 can of 10ox(they were 12oz) at my store salted spanish peanuts.

Melt the choc. and butterscotch chips (I did mine in the microwave..stir after each 1 minute...it only took me 2 1/2 minutes).
Stir in the peanuts and chow mein noodles.
Coat with the choc./butterscotch mixture well.
Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Chill and eat!!

Easy and taste great!!

No comments: